top of page


Homestay or on-campus dormitory

What's the best for me?

SPC is like no other!  Homestay or on-campus dormitory, pick your favourite. 

SPC Brisbane offers accommodation with host-families around the CBD for those looking for a truly Aussie experience.

SPC Cairns located in the Northern Beaches, offers accommodation both with host-families and on our on-campus dormitory, where SPC students are sure to share with people from different nationalities, build up their English and confidence for their next adventures.

Learn more about

Learn more about

You might be thinking...

How about my meals?

Both dormitory and homestay options at SPC Cairns includes a 21 meals/week plan. Your lunch will be provided at our on-campus cafeteria from Monday to Friday, where we serve it in buffet style.. On the weekends, families provide 3 meals/day.

At SPC Brisbane, you can select which meal package you would like, depending on your budget. At Brisbane Student Accommodation, meals are not included, but you do have a fully equipped kitchen at your studio for your meals prep.

How about transportation?

When choosing to stay with a host-family, think about a big city in your home-country. It is very expensive to live in the CBD, which means many families live in residential suburbs. You will need to take public transport to commute to school, something that definitely helps you learning how to move around and live as a local.

When choosing SPC Cairns Dormitory, public transport is something that you do not have to worry about.

Do I have curfew?

If you are over 18 years old, no. However, remember you will either be living with an Australian family or sharing with other students, so it is important to be respectful and communicate always. Let the family or your share-mates know if you will not come home for dinner or if you will be staying overnight somewhere else.

Can I be placed with a non-Australian family?

First things first, what is an Australian family for you? Remember that Australia has a broad cultural mix of over 200 cultures speaking more than 260 languages! Be proud of being part of those numbers!

Can I change?

Yes, you can! If you are in Cairns, you can apply for accommodation changes either to swap to homestay to dormitory or vice-versa or to go to a share-house, but remember SPC asks you to provide 2 weeks notice!

bottom of page